From the "Past" to the "Present"...

    For over 100 years FAC's expecting more, doing more and achieving  more for our children's future's!!!!

 

The History of Fairview Attendance Center...

†††† Fairview School has a long and proud tradition of educating the youth of this community.The original school opened in 1901-02 on the Fairview Church grounds as a small community school.The first Fairview School located at the present site was a wooden structure that opened in 1928 but was destroyed in a fire during the latter part of the 1930ís.The school was reopened around 1940 with the help of the Works Project Administration of the Great Depression Era.The school successfully educated five more decades of students before, sadly, being lost to a fire once again in the early morning hours of a cold January day in 1991.But the heartbeat of the Fairview community beats strong.Unwilling to consign Fairview School to the annals of history, the community gathered in support of rebuilding.An overwhelming amount of help from the individuals in the community saw the Fairview gymnasium, unharmed in the fire, transformed into eight classrooms and an office just four days after the fire.With the help of the insurance money, a contribution from the state of Mississippi, and the $83,000 raised locally by the PTO, a new school was completed in January of 1992.Since that time, Fairview school has remained committed to seeing that the students who pass through itís halls gain an education that will help prepare them not only to create a good life for themselves and their family, but also to have a positive impact on the world around them.